Here are the TOK Essay prescribed titles (for the May 2020 session).
I'm just getting ready to upload a full May 2020 TOK Essay Titles Webinar inside IBMastery, to help you understand how to approach each of the titles (i.e. things to watch out for and things to consider with each title). I know you'll really benefit from the talk. It's ready for you when you're ready to start your essay.
1. "Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not" (Pablo Picasso). Explore this distinction with reference to two areas of knowledge.
2. "There is a sharp line between describing something and offering an explanation of it." To what extent do you agree with this claim?
3. Does it matter that your personal circumstances influence how seriously your knowledge is taken?
4. "The role of analogy is to aid understanding rather than to provide justification." To what extent do you agree with this statement?
5. "Given that every theory has its limitations, we need to retain a multiplicity of theories to understand the world." Discuss this claim with reference to two areas of knowledge.
6. "Present knowledge is wholly dependent on past knowledge." Discuss this claim with reference to two areas of knowledge.