The 99 Best Economics Resources
IB Economics General Websites
- Welker’s Wikinomics - A website created by an IB economics teacher containing useful IB lecture notes as well as a blog
- Tutor2U - A resource for AS, A2 and IB economics revision
- Biz/ed - A general resource for learning economics, listed by topic.
- Essentials of Economics - Summaries, online quizzes and case studies relating to the textbook “Essentials of Economics”
- Economic Policy Debate - Is a place for online debates regarding current controversial ideas in economics. For IB Econ students, it’s a good place to review key concepts and evaluate.
- Vizala.com - Has a lot of great economics data. It's a database for country, demographic, social, and economic information.
- Planet Money. One of my favourite podcasts. They do a great job of making sense of complicated concepts. Very entertaining. (Just add it to your podcasts in iTunes). Highly recommended
- The Economist Magazine - Editor’s Highlights. Useful if you don’t have time to read the Economist. Key sections of the weekly audio edition are read to you. (Just add it to your podcasts in iTunes).
- Motley Fool Money is a stock exchange podcast, but it is a rich source of insights. Very intelligent and easy to listen to.
Articles, Blogs and Blog Posts
Internal Assessment (IA)
Extended Essay (EE)
IB Economics Research Resources
Useful Links and Videos by Topic
Markets (Supply, Demand and Price Controls)
Theory of the Firm
Measuring National Income
Demand-Side and Supply-Side Policies
Unemployment and Inflation
Reasons for Trade
Free Trade and Protectionism
World Trade Organization (WTO)
Balance of Payments
If you know if any great resources to help your fellow IB Economics students, please either email me via the "contact" page or link to them in the comments.